Northern Hemisphere Date: May 1st
Here are some Beltane facts, I thought were interesting.
- Celebrated approximately halfway between Vernal (Spring) equinox and the Midsummer (Summer Solstice). A cross-quarter festival. Beltane traditionally marked the arrival of summer.
- Beltane translated means “fire of Bel” or “bright fire” – the “bale-fire”. Bel (Beli, Belinus, Belenos) is the known as the bright and shinning one, a Celtic Sun God.
- This is the festival of the Great Rite – of sexual union between Goddess and God.
- Beltane is the second principal Celtic festival (the other being Samhain). Beltane and Samhain divide the year into its two primary seasons, winter (Dark Part) and summer (Light Part). As Samhain is about honoring Death, Beltane, is about honoring Life. It is the time when the sun is fully released from his bondage of winter and able to rule over summer and life once again.
- Beltane, like Samhain, is a time when the veils between the two worlds are at their thinnest. It is the time when the Faeries return from their winter hiatus, carefree and full of faery mischief.
- This is the time when the brilliant red flowers of the Flame Trees highlight Australian forests and gardens.
I breathe in the fire of the sun!
This world is alive, and I am alive with it!
The fire in my heart is a Beltane fire, A fire raging with passion and purpose!
Today I honor the sun, And the movement of the earth. The Earth Mother provides, And the Sky Father encourages New life on the land.
This is the moment to remember That even while I practice in solitude I am a living being, interconnected with all life.
I am the tree. I am the river. I am of the earth, growing into fullness, Supported by the Kindred.
Hail, the fire of Beltane!
(Poem from the Solitary Druids Fellowship)
Beltane Blessings Gorgeous Souls xXx
Spring is my favourite season. It represents the renewal of life, re-birth – ahhhhh! Flowers start blooming and baby animals are born. It is such a beautiful season where everything seems to come alive.
It is also a time when we do alot of cleaning and clearing out of clutter, refreshing our surroundings and preparing ourselves for the hot Summers days and nights. My hubby and I are embarking on a detox to help clear out our bodies and make them whole and strong Bliss!
It is also the Spring Equinox here in Australia. The Equinoxes are the balancing points in the cycle of the seasons, where day and night are equal in length. The equinoxes remind us of harmony and to be in harmony with the whole.
To celebrate Spring here at Eternal Energy Gems, we are having a Springtime Market tonight Sunday 22nd Sept @ 7:30pm (Australian time). Please feel free to come along to our FaceBook page and check out the goodies available for sale! Here is the link to the album and some pics for you.